Posted to dev@vcl.apache.org by na...@hitachi.com on 2014/02/01 12:20:04 UTC

Re: support Windows 8.1 near in the future?

HI, Aaron Peeler,

Thank you for your reply.
I report to my team I am willing, that there was a reply from you.
As soon as possible, I hope that VCL2.4 of the "New Feature", "additional support for Windows8" is added.

HI, Aaron Toth,

>> We use VCL 2.3.2 with windows 8 and windows server 2012 without any modification in vcl. We didn't try windows 8.1 (and WS 2012R2) yet.
>> Windows 8 image use the Windows 7 module and Windows Server 2012 use Windows Server 2008 module.

I was pleased to read your report.
Architecture of Windows8 is 32bit or 64bit? Cygwin is 32bit or 64bit?
Our team is using a VCL2.2.
I tell my team to your report. we will consider as soon as possible to upgrade to VCL2.3.2.

Best regards,

Nao Yamanouchi
system engineer
Hitachi, Ltd.