Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by is_maximum <mn...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/24 14:30:07 UTC

how to setting up SSL for a specific page

hello all

when I set up the SSL in tomcat all my pages will be secure (https) but as
I've seen in many web sites only login page is secure. how can I secure only
pages that contains confidential information and not all the pages?

I am using Apache Tomcat 5.5

thank you in advance

RE: how to setting up SSL for a specific page

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: is_maximum [mailto:mnrz57@gmail.com]
> Subject: RE: how to setting up SSL for a specific page
>
> I need only login page to be secured not all the pages after that

This is a harder problem, since switching back to HTTP after
authenticating via HTTPS opens a security hole.  However, you may be
able to use this with good effect:
http://securityfilter.sourceforge.net/

For background, take a look at these threads:
http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-user&m=118313590123430&w=2
http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-user&m=117515290507605&w=2
http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-user&m=117010975112868&w=2

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

RE: how to setting up SSL for a specific page

Posted by is_maximum <mn...@gmail.com>.

Caldarale, Charles R wrote:

> Read section 12 of the servlet spec.  Use a <url-pattern> in conjunction
> with the <transport-guarantee> that covers only the login page.
>
>  - Chuck

Thank you Charles,
I've read the servlet spec, but my problem is I specified /login.jsp as
url-pattern in deployment descriptor and before the user reach that page
everything is normal but when the page is going to display the http will
change to https and it's right. the problem is after login every page is
secure as well, and even if I remove the "s" from https it won't work.

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.