Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Gunther Birznieks <gu...@extropia.com> on 2001/06/16 17:17:14 UTC

mod_perl bof Oreilly Conference TShirts

A month ago I posed a question about TShirts for mod_perl BOF.

One group of people did volunteer to do the design and posted interest on
here. So if they are still up for it, it would be awesome to start
discussing ideas/proof of concept.

However, before such a thing can be discussed, unfortunately no one has
come up to be able to sponsor the cost for the T-Shirts. So I figure I
would raise the question again in case someone has a company that would be
willing to corporate sponsor such a thing.

Gunther Birznieks (gunther.birznieks@eXtropia.com)
eXtropia - The Open Web Technology Company
http://www.eXtropia.com/

Re: mod_perl bof Oreilly Conference TShirts

Posted by "Randal L. Schwartz" <me...@stonehenge.com>.

Gunther> A month ago I posed a question about TShirts for mod_perl BOF.
Gunther> One group of people did volunteer to do the design and posted interest
Gunther> on here. So if they are still up for it, it would be awesome to start
Gunther> discussing ideas/proof of concept.

Gunther> However, before such a thing can be discussed, unfortunately no one
Gunther> has come up to be able to sponsor the cost for the T-Shirts. So I
Gunther> figure I would raise the question again in case someone has a company
Gunther> that would be willing to corporate sponsor such a thing.

I'm already pumping out about 750 T's at TPC, so I don't think I can
be Yet Another Sponsor.  However, I've got a producer that can make
shirts at Very Reasonable Prices, or I wouldn't be doing this in the
first place, and would be happy to set you up with them (it's a mom
and pop shop here near my neck of the woods, and we have a nice
relationship with them).

<me...@stonehenge.com> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>

Re: mod_perl bof Oreilly Conference TShirts

Posted by Gunther Birznieks <gu...@extropia.com>.
Apparently last year the quantity was 150 for US$10/shirt. This was a 2
color shirt.

So the damage was US$1500.

However, there are two factors that may lower the cost.

One, perhaps not as many shirts have to produced because the conference
attendence may be lower this year than last year (although I think the more
TShirts the better!) ... So I'd rather this not be the case.

And two, Randal has generously proposed using a contact of us that may be
able to produce similar or better quality for as low as US$5/shirt. Of
course, so that I do not raise expectations falsely, I will add that this
may depend on quantity and it remains to be made into a concrete
negotiation with the supplier for these additional shirts.

So if the cost actually did go down to half, the cost for 150 shirts would
be US$750.

Merely the cost of Windows 2000 Enterprise Edition. If a corporation out
there can spend money on a proprietary operating system, surely they can
help sponsor a rag-tag bunch of misfits on a mission to save the Earth...
oh, sorry, got carried away while watching the SciFi channel...

Later,
    Gunther

Posted by James <ja...@rf.net>.

Posted by Jimi Thompson <JI...@prodigy.net>.