Posted to bsf-user@jakarta.apache.org by Chris Brown <br...@reflexe.fr> on 2002/12/30 09:17:39 UTC

ActiveScript support

Hello,

I was interested in testing ActiveScript support in BSF 2.3.0, as it appears
in the Javadocs.  However, the classes or source don't seem to be included,
and I can't find out where to obtain the scripting engine's implementation
(there must be some code to work as a go-between between the Java API and
the native COM interfaces).

I had great difficulty finding any info about this by searching the docs and
the web ; the only link I came up with was:

http://www.dulug.duke.edu/~vjo/papers/ApacheCon_US_2002/intro_to_bsf_slides.
pdf

...which seems to confirm that this engine will no longer be supported.  Can
anyone provide me with more information on this, or should I assume that
there's no point in me trying to make these particular engines work?  It
won't stop me using BSF, but it's a shame to close off a few options.

Thanks,
Chris