Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Mads Hjorth <ma...@medgen.ku.dk> on 2006/06/21 15:20:53 UTC

SVGGraphics2D and tags?

Hi all,

I am using batik to user regular Graphics2D code to paint into a SVG
file. Now I would like to add links from some of the elements in the
SVG to extarnal urls. What I am doing goes along this...

String filename = "chrommap_"+ StringTools.getRandomString(6)+".svg";
resp.setContentType("image/svg+xml");
resp.setHeader("Content-disposition", "inline; filename="+filename);
canvas.setSize(x_size,y_size);
DOMImplementation domImpl =
GenericDOMImplementation.getDOMImplementation();
org.w3c.dom.Document document = domImpl.createDocument(null, "svg",
null);
SVGGraphics2D svgGenerator = new SVGGraphics2D(document);
canvas.paint(svgGenerator);
Writer out = new OutputStreamWriter(resp.getOutputStream(), "UTF-8");
svgGenerator.stream(out, useCSS);

I have been looking around in archieves and found this http://
www.nabble.com/SVGGraphics2D-and-id-t1593800.html#a4325094, but what
I really want is to do something like

class MyCanvas {
	public void paint(Graphics) {
	        g.fillRectangle(2,2,40,40);
		if (Graphics instanceof SVGGraphics2D) {
			** Add and to the last element painted
		}
	}
}

Mads Hjorth
cand.scient.dat, Scientific Programmer

Wilhelm Johannsen Center for
Funktional Genome Research
Institut for Medical Biochemistry and Genetics
2200 Copenhagen N
Denmark
Phone (+45) 35 32 78 19
madsh@medgen.ku.dk