Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Romanowski, Tim" <ti...@lmco.com> on 2006/05/04 22:25:39 UTC

Javascript not generated on initial JSF pages

Whenever I deploy my web app, the first page I load with JSF components
does not generate code for any of the JSF components.  In other words,
on my initial "index" page, I have a commandButton and some regular html
links (<a href="address">Link</a>).  Only the html is generated.  When I
click on one of those regular html links and go to the next JSF page,
all the JSF components are rendered as usual, as confirmed by what I see
in the page source.  I've tried using MyFaces 1.1.1, as well as several
nightlies.

Why doesn't my initial JSF page load JSF components?  I've seen a
similar problem on this list and in forums that is always due to people
not loading the pages with ".faces" instead of ".jsp".  I am, however
using ".faces", and further proof that JSF is otherwise working is that
all other JSF pages after the initial one _do_ in fact load correctly.

I'm running tomcat 5.5.15.  Had this problem on an earlier version of
tomcat as well.

Has anyone else had this problem, or have a suggestion as to what the
problem might be?

TR, not Turkey