Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl> on 2012/10/10 18:15:13 UTC

[ASF40] AWS API Ubuntu packaging

Hi,

The last couple of hours I've worked on the last blocker, the AWS
packaging for Ubuntu.

I made the package depend on a couple of JAR files from the Ubuntu
repository since:
A. We don't have to package them, they are already available in the repo
B. They conflict with other packages (See commit messages).

I just build the packages from the 4.0 branch and tested them (build &
deploy) on a fresh 12.04 system and the AWS API seems to deploy, I
haven't fired any commands at it however.

I also removed the postinst stuff and moved it to the debian/rules file
so that it gets packaged (commit: 3854de46ce6e2eaf81de695c31e37f0f77228938)

I'd like to have this verified by another pair of eyes, but I think it's
working.

Wido

RE: [ASF40] AWS API Ubuntu packaging

Posted by Sudha Ponnaganti <su...@citrix.com>.
We are checking non-OSS Ubuntu right now.  ( RHEL is done last night)
Let us know if you have touched oss packaging as well. If that is the case we need to repeat testing for OSS as well

Is this for OSS or non-OSS build?  The reason I ask is because Citrix QA verified that the OSS build was working last night.

Will

Posted by Will Chan <wi...@citrix.com>.
QA is going to verify both builds.  When they are done, Sudha or myself will send something to the dev list.

Will

Posted by Will Chan <wi...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.