Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Anbu <fl...@yahoo.com> on 2004/02/17 06:52:44 UTC

One user seeing another user's data

Hello Bill and All,

Could any one of you throw some light on a problem that I am facing on Apache 1.3.28/Mod-jk 1.2.0/Tomcat 4.0.6 setup?

The problem is that an user could see someother user's data (some kind of session mix up). When I searched the tomcat-dev list I found that Bill had replied that the problem could be related to error handling and it is not a synchorinazation problem.

Bill, as you have already seen and analyized this issue, could you please help me on this issue ?

Thank you all in advance.

Regards,
Kuloth

Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com> wrote:

"Andi Reinbrech" wrote in message
> I FINALLY figured this one out.
>
> Tomcat 5.0.18 as a service ignores -Djava.class.path. Rather, it takes
the
> path from the -Imagepath parameter as the classpath (I did a debug
> logger.info("Classpath: " + System.getProperty("java.class.path") and lo
and
> behold it gave me the Imagepath as the actual classpath.
>
> I added %CATALINA_HOME%\bin to the Imageclasspath and all is working fine.
>
> This sounds like a bug? Or at least an "undocumented feature".

I believe that it is a "documented feature". See
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/daemon/procrun.html.

Re: One user seeing another user's data

Posted by Antonio Fiol BonnĂ­n <fi...@terra.es>.
Hi Kuloth,

Seatch Tomcat-user for "concurrency problems" or "threading issues".
There has been recent discussion on the topic.

Concurrency problems are the main source of session mix-up. Also look
for "instance variables" (hint: avoid them in Servlets)

Antonio Fiol