Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com> on 2004/02/16 10:43:04 UTC

Re: mod_rivet on XP/Apache 1.3.29?

"DvDmanDT" <dv...@telia.com> writes:

> Hello, has anyone managed to get latest Rivet to work with XP and
> Apache 1.3.29? Apache just starts and ends, without anything in the
> log or anything..

Not to my knowledge.  Unfortunately, I don't have a windows machine.

You might try running it in a debugger or system call tracer (if those
exist on windows?) to see where things are going wrong.

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/

Re: mod_rivet on XP/Apache 1.3.29?

Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com>.
"DvDmanDT" <dv...@telia.com> writes:

> So it's no httpd.conf setting or something that must be set, like
> childinit or something.. I'm thinking maybe as I don't have any such
> directives, they are assumed to return false which kills Apache.. :s

No directives shouldn't kill Apache.  Rivet won't display pages
correctly without them, but shouldn't crash.

> The windows documentation is kinda.. limited (non-existing to be
> exact)...

It awaits someone with windows experience to write it.

Posted by DvDmanDT <dv...@telia.com>.
So it's no httpd.conf setting or something that must be set, like childinit
or something.. I'm thinking maybe as I don't have any such directives, they
are assumed to return false which kills Apache.. :s The windows
documentation is kinda.. limited (non-existing to be exact)...

Thanks...
// DvDmanDT
MSN: dvdmandt¤hotmail.com
Mail: dvdmandt¤telia.com