Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Lam Nguyen <ng...@hotmail.com> on 2008/04/03 09:32:10 UTC

Looking for a mentor to guide me at log4j project!

Hello every body,

I'm a Vietnamese Java developer, just started using Java for about 3 years, and I often use your log4j library. It's really tool, and helpful. So I think that I should contribute to this project. But I don't know how and where to start?

Could any of you become my mentor in this project? You can reach me at ngduonglam@hotmail.com

Looking forward your feedback.
Regards,
Lam Nguyen

Re: Looking for a mentor to guide me at log4j project!

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
Hi Lam,

First thing to do would be to participate on the log4j-user list and answer user
questions.  If you have tips/tricks/code to share, put it out on the Wiki.  You
can also take a look at the list of bugs in Bugzilla and provide patches to
resolve issues.  I'm not sure what you are looking for in terms of mentoring, but
if you contribute, we can certainly answer questions when you run into something
you don't understand.

Hope that helps.

Jake

Posted by Lam Nguyen <ng...@hotmail.com>.
Dear Scott,

Thanks a lot for your help.
I have just checked out the latest code of log4j v1.2. Now looking for a bug
to investigate, and fix it. Please drop me an email if you want to suggest
some bugs to me, thanks.

Regards,
Lam

Lam NGUYEN