Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Talden <ta...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/01 07:22:43 UTC

Re: Keep revision numbers while combining multiple repos

There really isn't a practical way to do this.

any two revisions of the same number in two source repositories are highly
likely to have differing commit times, log messages and committing users.
Even if you munged the commit times and concatenated log messages you'd
still have to fake the committer.

What you might be able to do instead is to recognise all r# references in
log messages and replace them with the resultiing revision number.  That
would remove all important internal references to revision numbers (such as
merged revisions).  Of course any external content (issue trackers and
communiques) will not have been corrected.

--
Talden