Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Jeremy Kuhnash <ze...@empirion.com> on 2002/04/02 03:13:38 UTC

Castor vs. Jakarta -> Turbine -> Torque

All,

    Has anyone used both Torque and Castor in the areas of R/O mapping?

    Can anyone point me to a comprehensive contrast of each or offer a brief
one?

     I'm doing some technology discovery and would like to find a more
mature and advanced tool than my current one for this task. (bitmechanic
s2j)

Thanks,
Jeremy Kuhnash
Empirion.com

Re: Castor vs. Jakarta -> Turbine -> Torque

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.
On Mon, 2002-04-01 at 20:13, Jeremy Kuhnash wrote:
> All,
>
>     Has anyone used both Torque and Castor in the areas of R/O mapping?
>
>     Can anyone point me to a comprehensive contrast of each or offer a brief
> one?

You might also want to take a look at OJB:

http://objectbridge.sourceforge.net

>      I'm doing some technology discovery and would like to find a more
> mature and advanced tool than my current one for this task. (bitmechanic
> s2j)

I have never used Castor but am familiar with both Torque and
ObjectBridge. OJB is the most complete OSS O/R mapping tool that I've
seen. Not perfect but very close to JDO and a JDO implementation wrapper
based on the core is also very likely given that the OJB architecture is
very similiar to JDO.

> Thanks,
> Jeremy Kuhnash
> Empirion.com