Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by Tom Bradford <to...@mac.com> on 2002/02/23 00:26:56 UTC

Re: Indexing Bug [was Shipping 1.0?]

On Friday, February 22, 2002, at 04:29 PM, Kurt Ward wrote:
> <database name="db"><xmlobjects /><collections><collection
> compressed="true"
> name="test"><filer class="org.apache.xindice.core.filer.BTreeFiler"
> name="test" pattern="test" />**</indexes><xmlobjects
> /></collection></collections></database>**me="test2" pattern="test"
>
> In particular, notice that both indexes I created remain as a fragment
> of
> the original node (highlighted  with ** **), along with some portions
> of the
> remaining collection configuration.

You mean the part after </database>?   That's ok.  When you overwrite a
page, it won't zero out old data, it will simply overwrite it, and use a
length field on the page to determine how much to read in.

--
Tom Bradford - http://www.tbradford.org
Architect - XQRL (XQuery Engine) - http://www.xqrl.com

Re: Indexing Bug [was Shipping 1.0?]

Posted by Kurt Ward <ku...@yahoo.com>.
> On Friday, February 22, 2002, at 04:26 PM, Tom Bradford wrote:
> > You mean the part after </database>?   That's ok.  When you overwrite a
> > page, it won't zero out old data, it will simply overwrite it, and use
> > a length field on the page to determine how much to read in.

Thanks for clarifying.  I was thinking maybe this was the case since there
were
no errors on starting on the db.

> BTW, you can always retrieve the database configuration:
>
> % xindice rd -c /db/system/SysConfig -n database.xml

Thanks for the tip, this will certainly com in handy.

Posted by Tom Bradford <to...@mac.com>.