Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Varun Sharma <va...@pinterest.com> on 2013/04/09 00:32:19 UTC

Full row delete followed by Put

Hi,

If I perform a full row Delete using the Delete API for a row and then
after few milliseconds, issue a Put(row, <Map of columns, values>) - will
that go through assuming that timestamps are applied in increasing order ?

Thanks
Varun

Re: Full row delete followed by Put

Posted by Shrijeet Paliwal <sh...@rocketfuel.com>.
Yes, since you say "after a few milliseconds" & assuming you did not
specify a timestamp in the Put request which is earlier than the one row
had before delete was issued.

I have been bitten by this in my unit tests, doing a delete followed by a
put quickly. But in my case timestamp was within same millisecond. See
HBASE-2256.