Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@micropole-univers.com> on 2004/03/22 16:52:53 UTC

Re: [configuration][turbine] Gump issues...

Yes the constructors with a default configuration have been removed to
promote the use of the CompositeConfiguration class instead. I still
think we could have left them though ;)

I don't know why the configure(Configuration conf) method to initialize
a configuration is missing but i'd support its addition to the
Configuration interface. It brings the interface one step closer to the
Map interface since it's basically equivalent to the Map.putAll() method.

Regarding the default configuration issue, what about putting back the
contructors but this time we would perform a copy of the default
properties instead of delegating to the default configuration when a key
is not found.

Emmanuel Bourg