Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Stein Langorgen <st...@norskfolke.museum.no> on 2000/11/14 10:05:19 UTC

mod_jk build problem

I have tried to get mod_jk to work with Apache without success. I am using
Digital Unix 4.0D and Apache 1.3.12 & 1.3.14 (same result). I have built
mod_jk from the Tomcat 3.2 beta 6 release.

What I have done is this:

1. I build mod_jk  using the makefile & procedure given for Linux in the
mod_jk-howto document (the Linux procedure worked better than the Solaris
procedure). When I include the default configuration settings in httpd.conf
and restart Apache, I got this error message: "Syntax error in line x of
httpd.conf: Cannot load mod_jk.so: Unresolved symbol in mod_jk.so:
__pthread_mutex_unlock".

2. To get this symbol defined, I link the libpthread library into Apache
and/or mod_jk. Then I get this error msg instead: "Unresolved symbol in
mod_jk.so: vsnprintf"

3. I am not able to find the vsnprintf symbol defined anywhere, except in a
php4 module for Apache. So when I recompile Apache with php4, I get past
that message. But then I get this error: "httpd: module mod_jk.c is not
compatible with this version of Apache. Please contact the vendor for the
correct version."

I am using the latest version of Apache 1.3, ver. 1.3.14. Can anyone help?
What am I doing wrong?

SteinL.