Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by jhammer03 <jh...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/14 22:29:07 UTC

Custom karaf.main.lock.Lock implementation - is it possible?

Hi all,

Still settling in with Karaf, so please bear with me.

I'd like to create and use a custom org.apache.karaf.main.lock.Lock
implementation without directly modifying karaf.jar. Is this even possible
to accomplish while still working within the constraints of OSGi class

- j

Re: Custom karaf.main.lock.Lock implementation - is it possible?

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

no problem ;)

Regards
JB

On 07/15/2014 08:56 PM, jhammer03 wrote:
> Thanks for the confirmation, JB.
>
> I had newbishly/foolishly assumed that any jar dropped in the
> $KARAF_HOME/lib directory would be auto-magically added to the classpath.
> One of the things that tripped me up was the less-than-informative message:
> "Exception instantiating lock class...", which I was receiving from Karaf
> when I started debugging.
>
> I was able to get my class loaded by prefacing the name of my jar with
> "karaf-", and also by appending the name of the jar to the $CLASSPATH
> variable in the $KARAF_HOME/bin/karaf script.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> - j

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Custom karaf.main.lock.Lock implementation - is it possible?

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

the lock is defined in the etc/system.properties file.

So, it should be possible to define:

karaf.lock.class=my.own.lock.Clazz

and put the jar file in the lib folder (prefixed with karaf-).

Regards
JB

On 07/14/2014 10:29 PM, jhammer03 wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Still settling in with Karaf, so please bear with me.
>
> I'd like to create and use a custom org.apache.karaf.main.lock.Lock
> implementation without directly modifying karaf.jar. Is this even possible
> to accomplish while still working within the constraints of OSGi class

> - j

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net