Posted to rampart-dev@ws.apache.org by "Joana M. F. Trindade" <jm...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/10 13:09:15 UTC

Rampart configuration (user and encryptionUser)

Hi all,

This is something I could not find in the documentation/source code, so
here's a question concerning the RampartConfig tags.
Moreover, <ramp:user> and <ramp:encryptionUser>. In the policy sample #05
(rampart version 1.3), the following configuration is used on services.xml:

<ramp:RampartConfig xmlns:ramp="http://ws.apache.org/rampart/policy">
<ramp:user>service</ramp:user>
<ramp:encryptionUser>client</ramp:encryptionUser>
<ramp:passwordCallbackClass>
org.apache.rampart.samples.policy.sample05.PWCBHandler
</ramp:passwordCallbackClass>
<ramp:signatureCrypto>
</ramp:signatureCrypto>
</ramp:RampartConfig>

In this example above, the service from sample #05 will only issue SAML
Tokens to a user identified as "client" (defined in the tag encryptionUser),
is that correct? Is it possible to add more actors by just employing
more "encryptionUser" tags?

Thanks and regards,
Joana

--
Student Intern
SAP Research - Security & Trust

805 Avenue du Dr. Maurice Donat
06250 Mougins
T +33/492286319
F +33/492286201
Personal Homepage: http://www.inf.ufrgs.br/~jmftrindade

Re: Rampart configuration (user and encryptionUser)

Posted by "Joana M. F. Trindade" <jm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nandana,

Thank you very much for the article! I am reading it and will try it out.

Thanks and regards,
Joana

Posted by Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <na...@gmail.com>.
Hi Joana,