Posted to commits@jackrabbit.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2017/11/03 17:26:44 UTC

[Jackrabbit Wiki] Update of "Oakathon November 2017" by PhilippSuter

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Jackrabbit Wiki" for change notification.

The "Oakathon November 2017" page has been changed by PhilippSuter:
https://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/Oakathon%20November%202017?action=diff&rev1=14&rev2=15

  || Versioning and adoption || probably related to m12n, discuss how we think about Oak adoption when new feature are implemented, but upstream modules cannot take unstable versions || 2h || everyone interested || Alex ||
  || TarMK roadmap || Sketch out a roadmap for the TarMK for the upcoming months.  || 1d || Andrei, Francesco, Valentin, Michael and everyone interested || Michael ||
  || TarMK pain points || Based on the current feedback, write down the list of (major) issues encountered by users when operating a TarMK deployment. Identify the main focus areas and prioritize to help defining the roadmap. || 2-3h || Andrei, Francesco, Valentin, Michael and everyone interested || Valentin ||
+ || TarMK on HDFS || Could it be possible to store segments on HDFS instead of a local disk? From a quick analysis this could be easier the intuitively perceived. HDFS scales exceptionally for parallel reads and writes of blocks. || 2-3d || Tomek, Francesco, Michael and everyone interested || PhilippSuter ||
+ || No page caching for TarMK || Page caching produces notorious side effects, especially for storing very large repositories. Could it be possible to use JVM managed memory to achieve similar cache hit ratios? || 2-3d || Andrei, Valentin, Francesco, Michael and everyone interested || PhilippSuter ||

  = Agenda Proposal =