Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Brian Kreitzer <kr...@yahoo.com> on 2001/11/03 07:32:14 UTC

RequestDispatcher.forward

For the life of me I can't get this to work or the
.include function.  Here is my code:

public class HelloWorldExample extends HttpServlet {

                      HttpServletResponse response)
        throws IOException, ServletException
    {
        ResourceBundle rb =

ResourceBundle.getBundle("LocalStrings",request.getLocale());
        response.setContentType("text/html");
        PrintWriter out = response.getWriter();

                        String address = "/questo/" +
Style.servPath + "Test";
getServletContext().log("address :" + address);
getServletContext().log("before dispatcher");
                        RequestDispatcher dispatcher =
getServletContext().getRe
questDispatcher(address);
getServletContext().log("before forward");
                        dispatcher.include(request,
response);
getServletContext().log("After forward");
                        return;
    }
}

If I type in http://localhost/questo/servlet/Test into
my browser, the servlet page loads.  It is a very
simple servlet almost exactly like the
HelloWorldExample servlet except I changed the title
to say Just Testing! instead of Hello World!
All I get is a blank screen in my browser and the
following in the localhost_log.2001-11.02.txt log
file:

2001-11-02 22:15:50
InvokerFilter(ApplicationFilterConfig[name=Path Mapped
Filte
r, filterClass=filters.ExampleFilter]): 20
milliseconds
2001-11-02 22:25:51 address :/questo/servlet/Test
2001-11-02 22:25:51 before dispatcher
2001-11-02 22:25:51 before forward
2001-11-02 22:25:51 After forward
2001-11-02 22:25:51
InvokerFilter(ApplicationFilterConfig[name=Path Mapped
Filte
r, filterClass=filters.ExampleFilter]): 10
milliseconds

There are no errors that I see.  Can someone help me
with this?  I tried Tomcat 3.2.3 then installed 4.0
and I get the same behavior in both.

Thanks,

=====
Brian Kreitzer

Owner
Kreitzer Kreations

Has anyone gotten RequestDispatcher.forward to work on NT

Posted by Brian Kreitzer <kr...@yahoo.com>.
I'm on NT4.0 SP6 using Tomcat 4.0.

--- Brian Kreitzer <kr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> For the life of me I can't get this to work or the
> .include function.  Here is my code:
>
> public class HelloWorldExample extends HttpServlet {
>

>     public void doGet(HttpServletRequest request,
>                       HttpServletResponse response)
>         throws IOException, ServletException
>     {
>         ResourceBundle rb =

ResourceBundle.getBundle("LocalStrings",request.getLocale());
>         response.setContentType("text/html");
>         PrintWriter out = response.getWriter();
>
>                         String address = "/questo/"
> +
> Style.servPath + "Test";
> getServletContext().log("address :" + address);
> getServletContext().log("before dispatcher");
>                         RequestDispatcher dispatcher
> =
> getServletContext().getRe
> questDispatcher(address);
> getServletContext().log("before forward");
>                         dispatcher.include(request,
> response);
> getServletContext().log("After forward");
>                         return;
>     }
> }
>

> If I type in http://localhost/questo/servlet/Test
> into
> my browser, the servlet page loads.  It is a very
> simple servlet almost exactly like the
> HelloWorldExample servlet except I changed the title
> to say Just Testing! instead of Hello World!
> All I get is a blank screen in my browser and the
> following in the localhost_log.2001-11.02.txt log
> file:
>
> 2001-11-02 22:15:50
> InvokerFilter(ApplicationFilterConfig[name=Path
> Mapped
> Filte
> r, filterClass=filters.ExampleFilter]): 20
> milliseconds
> 2001-11-02 22:25:51 address :/questo/servlet/Test
> 2001-11-02 22:25:51 before dispatcher
> 2001-11-02 22:25:51 before forward
> 2001-11-02 22:25:51 After forward
> 2001-11-02 22:25:51
> InvokerFilter(ApplicationFilterConfig[name=Path
> Mapped
> Filte
> r, filterClass=filters.ExampleFilter]): 10
> milliseconds
>
> There are no errors that I see.  Can someone help me
> with this?  I tried Tomcat 3.2.3 then installed 4.0
> and I get the same behavior in both.
>
> Thanks,
>

> =====
> Brian Kreitzer