Posted to user@helix.apache.org by Bo Liu <ne...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/15 23:18:59 UTC

Throttle at partition level?

Hi,

Does Helix support throttling state transition at partition level?
I only find cluster, resource and instance level throttling as below:

public enum ThrottleScope {
  CLUSTER,
  RESOURCE,
  INSTANCE
}

--
Best regards,
Bo

Re: Throttle at partition level?

Posted by Bo Liu <ne...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lei,

Yes, we'd like at most one transition for a partition.

Besides this, we also need instance and cluster level throttling. Can you
take a look at the configuration I posted above. It didn't work for us.
Anything we missed?

Thanks,
Bo

Posted by Lei Xia <xi...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Bo

--
Lei Xia

Re: Throttle at partition level?

Posted by kishore g <g....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bo Liu <ne...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bo Liu <ne...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bo Liu <ne...@gmail.com>.
It can help us simplify Master-Slave state transition.

When we bring up a new Slave, we need to set it to replicate from the
Master. If there is a concurrent Master->Slave transition, the thing starts
to get more complicated.

Posted by kishore g <g....@gmail.com>.