Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Ping Zhang <pi...@umich.edu> on 2022/02/10 21:28:19 UTC

[DISCUSS] change the warning to debug in _sanity_check providers_manager.py

Hi all,

I am thinking if we can make the warning level to debug level or make it
configurable to ignore those warnings from:
```
    except ImportError as e:
        # When there is an ImportError we turn it into debug warnings as
this is
        # an expected case when only some providers are installed
        log.warning(
            "Exception when importing '%s' from '%s' package",
            class_name,
            provider_package,
            exc_info=e,
        )
        return None
```
in `def _sanity_check`

https://github.com/apache/airflow/blob/main/airflow/providers_manager.py#L171-L176

It is distracting when launching the webserver.

What's your thoughts?

Thanks,

Ping

Re: [DISCUSS] change the warning to debug in _sanity_check providers_manager.py

Posted by Ping Zhang <pi...@umich.edu>.
Hi Jarek,

Appreciate the background of this move. That makes sense to keep it as
warning.

Thanks,

Ping