Posted to dev@superset.apache.org by John Bodley <jo...@gmail.com> on 2021/04/21 22:03:21 UTC

[DISCUSS][SIP-11] Proposal for deprecating Druid REST connector

Hi,

[SIP-11] Proposal for deprecating Druid REST connector
<https://github.com/apache/superset/issues/6032> was never officially
brought up on this list for discussion. If you have any fresh context,
please feel free to comment.

Thanks
-John

Re: [DISCUSS][SIP-11] Proposal for deprecating Druid REST connector

Posted by yongjie zhao <yo...@gmail.com>.
+1 !!!

Posted by Beto Dealmeida <ro...@dealmeida.net.INVALID>.
Apologies, I got excited when I saw "deprecate" and "Druid REST connect"
in the same phrase!

I would love to see it deprecated because it introduces a completely
different code path that is hard to maintain and not supported by many
new features (import/export, for example). But my understanding is that
AirBnB still uses because there's a small feature gap in relation to the
SQL connector.

Can anyone from AirBnB (or other people using) comment on that, and what
would be needed in order to get it deprecated?

Thanks,

--Beto

Posted by Erik Ritter <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.