Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Swarna Jyothirmayi Pemmaraju <sw...@yahoo.com> on 2005/05/05 08:24:53 UTC

New to Lenya - Help

hi all!

I am new to Lenya. I downloaded and installed it on my system. I really don't know what to do after that. I would like to know the best way to go about it. Is learning Cocoon essential. I was going through the documentation. It sounded difficult(although I have not completed reading the documentation). I was away for a break and again I have to start going through the documentation.
What are the things that can be done with Lenya?

Please guide me.

Thanks in advance.
Swarna

---------------------------------
Discover Yahoo!

Re: New to Lenya - Help

Posted by Renaud Richardet <re...@gmail.com>.
Hello Swarna,

> I am new to Lenya. I downloaded and installed it on my system. I really
> don't know what to do after that. I would like to know the best way to go
> about it.

So, I assume that Lenya is working on your system.
I would recommand you to start with the default publication. Log as an
editor, play with it, add pages, users, aso.
After that, you can start modify the default publication. There are
several places which show you how:
- a tutorial http://lenya.apache.org/1_2_x/tutorial/custom_navigation.html
- some others on the wiki; http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/Tutorials ,
see "basics". You might want to starti with
ApplicationLookandFeelHowto and AdvancedSiteNavigationHowto

> Is learning Cocoon essential.
For *very* simple publications, you might survive without much cocoon
knowledge. But as soon as you wish to make serious modifications to
the default publication, you need some cocoon basics.
See http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/BasicCocoonKnowledge

HTH,
Renaud

--