Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Kengo Seki <se...@apache.org> on 2022/05/23 00:04:46 UTC

3.1.0 Release notes mistake

I'm afraid I found a documentation mistake in the 3.1.0 release when I
was going to update the release status on JIRA (see attachment) as the
last step of the release process [1].
BIGTOP-3586 is included in the release notes [2], but it's not
resolved yet in 3.1.0 actually.

This is because the issue was tagged with "fixVersion = 3.1.0" and
mixed in the release notes mechanically.
IIRC, when I scrubbed JIRA issues as the first step of the release process [3],
it doesn't have a fixVersion tag (I even removed a "fixVersion =
3.0.0" tag from it before [4]),
but it couldn't be traced from the JIRA history when the tag was added.

I'll update the "Known issues and additional notes" section in cwiki
[5] to notify it to users
and add a heads-up to the "Generate the Release Notes" section in the
release process [6]
by indicating possibility that JIRA can be updated between checking
JIRA and generating release notes.
Sorry for causing you confusion.

[1]: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/How+to+release#Howtorelease-13.AddtheNextReleasetoJIRA
[2]: https://github.com/apache/bigtop/blob/release-3.1.0/CHANGES.txt#L91