Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jochum Jesko <J....@elettronica.de> on 2016/10/26 06:34:31 UTC

[maven-javadoc-plugin] Aggregating Javadocs from Dependency Sources

Hello,

I followed the guide

https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-javadoc-plugin/examples/aggregate-dependency-sources.html

to generate an aggregated javadoc for a multi-module project. I think, it should be mentioned in this guide that the distribution project (Named 'project-distro' in the example) generating the aggregated javadoc should be of packaging type 'jar' and not 'pom'. Even though the latter is the usual packaging type for this kind of project (in my experience), since there are no sources to compile.

As a feature request I would like this example to also work on a distribution project with packaging type 'pom'.  Currently nothing is being generated, because the project is not a 'Java classpath-capable package'.

[INFO] --- maven-javadoc-plugin:2.10.4:jar (module-javadoc-jar) @ distribution ---
[INFO] Not executing Javadoc as the project is not a Java classpath-capable package

Is this the right mail list or should I post this in the 'Maven Issues List'?