Posted to wagon-dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2006/12/11 22:25:43 UTC

Re: svn commit: r485724 - in /maven/wagon/trunk/wagon-providers/wagon-http-shared: pom.xml src/main/java/org/apache/maven/wagon/shared/http/HtmlFileListParser.java src/main/java/org/apache/maven/wagon/shared/http/NullOutputStream.java

It's not just size that matters...

Anything used from wagon-http-lightweight will currently be
distributed in the core. That means that plugins will be forced to
use the version you distribute. I could see this as a problem for jtidy.

Is there anyway you can do this with just JDK 1.4 methods without
considerable duplication of that code?

- Brett

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On 11 Dec 06, at 6:36 PM 11 Dec 06, Joakim Erdfelt wrote:

> Real world html parsing is not easy.
> I would rather not create yet another implementation.
> We went from nekohtml (with it's xerces requirement) at 8.1MB to jtidy
> (with jre/jaxp support) at 135KB.
> I think this is an adequate reduction.
> Best bang for the buck, etc...

I think we will eventually get it out of the core anyway. With rate
at which the container is improving it should be fully backward
compatible shortly and have adequate isolation and loading
capabilities to get things like doxia and wagon out of the core.

jason.

Posted by Joakim Erdfelt <jo...@erdfelt.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.