Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by "De Georges, Adrien" <Ad...@experian.com> on 2013/03/05 16:35:29 UTC

Concurrent checkin in Jackrabbit

Hello everyone,

I have a question about how JackRabbit is managing concurrent checkin. I am quite sure that no method is synchronized in VersionManager source code.
I am experiencing a strange scenario where a branch is created during a checkin (I mean the version of the checkin is X.X.X and not just X.X). I am thinking about 2 different sessions (in XA transactions) accessing to the same node for checkin almost at the same time. The first one calls checkin on the node. The second one call checkin and the version name is calculated. And the VersionManager appends a ".O" at the end of the version name because the predecessor already have a successor.
Is it the normal behaviour? Does somebody already experience this scenario?
Thanks a lot

Regards,
Adrien

Information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential, and may not be copied or used by anyone other than the addressee, nor disclosed to any third party without our permission. There is no intention to create any legally binding contract or other binding commitment through the use of this electronic communication unless it is issued in accordance with the Experian Limited standard terms and conditions of purchase or other express written agreement between Experian Limited and the recipient. Although Experian has taken reasonable steps to ensure that this communication and any attachments are free from computer virus, you are advised to take your own steps to ensure that they are actually virus free.

Companies Act information: Registered name: Experian Limited. Registered office: Landmark House, Experian Way, NG2 Business Park, Nottingham, NG80 1ZZ, United Kingdom. Place of registration: England and Wales. Registered number: 653331