Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Patrick Lanphier <pl...@artemisgroup.com> on 2002/04/18 20:07:11 UTC

SVG/Graphing->PDF

What are individuals using to create SVG files for use in their PDFs?
It's possible to generate these through code without graphing libraries
but this would take allot of time.  I was thinking about using Corda's
graphing package?  What are your thoughts?  It also needs to be fairly low
cost for our budget is very low.

Patrick Lanphier
The Artemis Group
http://www.artemisgroup.com
phone: 814-235-0444
  fax: 800-582-9710

Re: SVG/Graphing->PDF

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
From: "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>

> Patrick Lanphier wrote:
> > What are individuals using to create SVG files for use in their PDFs?
>
> A text editor for small stuff. XSLT for some simple diagrams.

Under the Batik contrib there are stylesheets in XSL to do charts.

            - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: SVG/Graphing->PDF

Posted by Patrick Lanphier <pm...@artemisgroup.com>.
It came down to www.visualmining.com and www.corda.com for us.  Did you
look at corda?  If so why did you go with www.visualmining.com.  Can you
use XML/XSL to format the graphs?  We would like the sophistication of
these graphs and this is not easily attainable by hand.  Thanks for your
reply.

Patrick Lanphier
The Artemis Group
http://www.artemisgroup.com