Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by David Leangen <dl...@canada.com> on 2004/05/13 10:36:50 UTC

Getting started with flowscript

I again turn to you for salvation.

I'm finally ready to jump into flowscript... but I need a push in the right
direction.

Based on previous threads, it appears that a good approach (just to avoid
saying "best practice" ;-) is to invoke the business logic from flowscript,
set any values necessary, and call the values as needed within JXTemplates.

Ok, fine.

I made a trivial test class as follows:

package test.model;

public class Test
{
	private String m_val;

	public Test()
	{
	}

	public void setVal(String val)
	{
		m_val = val;
	}

	public String getVal()
	{
		return m_val;
	}
}

In my flowscript, I make this call:

  var test = new test.model.Test();
  test.setVal("hello");

I pass this along to the pipeline.

So far, so good...

Now, in my JXTemplate, I'd like to call the getVal() getter.... but how do I
do this??

Re: Getting started with flowscript

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
David Leangen dijo:

> I again turn to you for salvation.
>
> I'm finally ready to jump into flowscript... but I need a push in the
> right
> direction.
>
> Based on previous threads, it appears that a good approach (just to avoid
> saying "best practice" ;-) is to invoke the business logic from
> flowscript,
> set any values necessary, and call the values as needed within
> JXTemplates.
>
> Ok, fine.
>
> I made a trivial test class as follows:

First, see change made to the bean:

> package test.model;
>
> public class Test
> {
> 	private String m_val;
private String val;

> 	public Test()
> 	{
> 	}
>
> 	public void setVal(String val)
 	public void setVal(String newVal)
> 	{
> 		val = newVal;
> 	}
>
> 	public String getVal()
> 	{
 		return val;
> 	}
> }
>
> In my flowscript, I make this call:
>
>   var test = new test.model.Test();
>   test.setVal("hello");
>
> I pass this along to the pipeline.
>
> So far, so good...
>

> Now, in my JXTemplate, I'd like to call the getVal() getter.... but how do
> do this??

Hi:

I guess you sent the test to JXTemplate using sendpage:

cocoon.sendPage("myJXTemplatePage", {"bean" : test});

Then inside JXTemplate, try to use: ${bean.val} Example:

<val>${bean.val}</val>

Hope this help,

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo