Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by co...@covalent.net on 2002/03/19 23:25:09 UTC

Deserialization broken ? ( both beta and nightly )

Is anyone able to deserialize complex objects ( using id/href )
with the current axis ? It used to work, but neither beta or
the nightly seems to be able to deal with that - I get null
for all the referenced objects.

I'm trying to debug it, but if anyone has any hint it would
save me a lot of time. I'm adding more debug statements
in BodyBuilder/DererializationContext/MessageElement/DeserializerImpl - it
seems most of the action happens there.

Costin

Re: Deserialization broken ? ( both beta and nightly )

Posted by co...@covalent.net.
I thing the problem is related with DeserializerContextImpl.fixups

By adding some loggings, it seems getFixupDeserializer is called a lot,
but I never saw any calls to setFixupDeserializer. It seems the only
place that could set it is registerElementById, but on all calls
to the method fixups==null, so it never gets called.

If the fixup deserializer plays any role in the process - I have no
idea. The code is far too spaghetti to understand what's going on,
I'm just hoping adding printlns() will show something.

This is pretty serious problem IMHO, it affects the objects that are
sent after the href is used.

Costin