Posted to pylucene-dev@lucene.apache.org by Jonas Maurus <jo...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/15 18:39:34 UTC

Patches for JCC: "--help" (first draft) and support for bdist_wininst

Hey,

while I continued working on wrapping iText with JCC I created two
small modifications to JCC that might be of interest. The first one is
a first draft of a help message when JCC is executed without
parameters or '--help' and the second one are small modifications to
cpp.py and python.py that enable the creation of Windows package
installers in addition to normal bdists and eggs by adding the
command-line parameter '--wininst'.

cheers,
Jonas

Re: Patches for JCC: "--help" (first draft) and support for bdist_wininst

Posted by Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 15 Apr 2009, Jonas Maurus wrote:

  Hi Jonas,

> that's strange. Perhaps the mailing-list daemon stripped them, because
> Google Mail clearly shows them... anyway, I uploaded them on my
> website:
>
> http://maurus.net/src/jcc/help.patch

I reviewed and modified this patch for correctness and style but
overall it was right on. Committed !

> http://maurus.net/src/jcc/windist.patch

Committed unchanged.

Thank you for the contributions !

Andi..

Re: Patches for JCC: "--help" (first draft) and support for bdist_wininst

Posted by Jonas Maurus <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hey Andi,

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 7:51 PM, Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Apr 2009, Jonas Maurus wrote:
>
>  Hi Jonas,
>
>> while I continued working on wrapping iText with JCC I created two
>> small modifications to JCC that might be of interest. The first one is
>> a first draft of a help message when JCC is executed without
>> parameters or '--help' and the second one are small modifications to
>> cpp.py and python.py that enable the creation of Windows package
>> installers in addition to normal bdists and eggs by adding the
>> command-line parameter '--wininst'.
>
> It looks like the message you sent didn't contain the relevant attachments.

that's strange. Perhaps the mailing-list daemon stripped them, because
Google Mail clearly shows them... anyway, I uploaded them on my
website:

http://maurus.net/src/jcc/help.patch
http://maurus.net/src/jcc/windist.patch

that should help :-)