Posted to users@ws.apache.org by Phil Wilson <pi...@hotmail.com> on 2002/03/13 22:18:13 UTC

thingmachines vs apache [was: Transport error]

Hi there,

After a little poking around in the latest thingmachines xmlrpc library
source code, it seems as though it will reject an xml header than contains
anything other than the version="" string (this was permitted in earlier
versions). Since the Apache library places an encoding into the header by
default, obviously my requests are rejected.

So my question is: is placing the encoding value in the header by default
necessary? Do all other xmlrpc libraries do this? I've only had to use the
Apache one previously.

I've also sent the author of the thingmachines library a query as to why
this support seems to have been removed, but it may be some time before I
hear back.

- Phil.

Re: thingmachines vs apache [was: Transport error]

Posted by John Wilson <tu...@wilson.co.uk>.
Phil,

the encoding attribute is valid XML and is needed for correct operation of
the Apache XML-RPC system.

What advantage does the thingmachines XLM-RPC library have over the Apache
implementation?

John Wilson
The Wilson Partnership
http://www.wilson.co.uk