Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org> on 2021/11/16 15:28:06 UTC

[RELEASES] voting schedule for 12.6?

Hi all, but particularly Geertjan, Eric and John,

I've just been looking through JIRA (well, trying to!).  Hopefully
we're looking set to move towards a 12.6 vote based on rc3?  Nothing
particularly newly reported - quite a few issues about cat food! :-\

I'm aiming to build the voting candidate off of the hash for rc3 and
start the vote next Monday (22nd) if that works for you all?  Assuming
no critical issues arise before then.  Need to consider how we share
the rest of the workload out.  I can kick off Linux installer vote
after that.

Eric, are you OK to handle Windows installer signing / vote, and Maven
artefacts vote, sometime after that?  I'm also a little concerned
about a few recent issues in JIRA about the Windows installer.

John, are you still OK to build the macOS installer?  No issues there
given Windows NBI reports, or switch to JDK 11 build?

Geertjan, are you OK to handle web pages, etc?   Eric has put together
the changes at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Apache+NetBeans+12.6
but may not include updates in rc2 / rc3? eg. Gradle is now 7.3.  Need
to pull out what else might be worth highlighting in there.

Thanks and best wishes,

Neil

Re: [RELEASES] voting schedule for 12.6?

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.
Excellent.

Gj

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 22 Nov 2021 at 17:33, Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Nov 2021 at 15:10, Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org> wrote:
> > On Mon, 22 Nov 2021 at 13:55, Eric Barboni <Er...@irit.fr> wrote:
> > > I locked build #14 maven artefacts are signed and available on https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachenetbeans-1092
> >
> > Great, thanks!  I kicked off the build this morning, but other things
> > to do so only now looking at signing and staging.
>
> OK, vote thread up!  Hopefully all good.  Will aim to get the Linux
> installer and vote up in the next day or so - once we see some +1's!
> :-)

I've fixed the .htaccess for the updates so it doesn't show an
exception with the voting candidate too.  We should probably stop the
voting candidate being built on a different path on Jenkins to the
other builds?  Not sure it serves a purpose any more?

Posted by John Mc <mc...@gmail.com>.
Yeah works for me

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.

Posted by Michael Bien <mb...@gmail.com>.
On 22.11.21 18:33, Neil C Smith wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Nov 2021 at 15:10, Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org> wrote:
>> On Mon, 22 Nov 2021 at 13:55, Eric Barboni <Er...@irit.fr> wrote:
>>> I locked build #14 maven artefacts are signed and available on https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachenetbeans-1092
>> Great, thanks!  I kicked off the build this morning, but other things
>> to do so only now looking at signing and staging.
> OK, vote thread up!  Hopefully all good.

excellent! Everything seems to be working, nothing on fire so far :)

-mbien

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 25 Nov 2021 at 16:28, Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Nov 2021 at 17:33, Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org> wrote:
> > OK, vote thread up!
>
> While we could end the release vote shortly, would be good to get a few more!
>
> I can't do tomorrow.  Shall we aim for Monday to wind everything up at
> the same time?  Should hopefully be enough time for installers to have
> also had enough time to get requisite binding votes.  Then our release
> date and announcement date can be much closer together.

OK, I've moved the release and Linux installer on dist.a.o

I've set up the netbeans-installers folder in the release tree too.

Geertjan, be aware that this will mean the links to the installers
will be a little different to previous releases.

I'll wait until we've announced 12.6 and updated the 12.0 and 12.5
download pages before archiving them both.

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
Hi Eric,

Posted by Eric Barboni <Er...@irit.fr>.
Hi Neil
I locked build #14 maven artefacts are signed and available on https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachenetbeans-1092

I another round is needed let me know it takes "about 3h" to have it ready

Best Regards
Eric

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.

Posted by John Mc <mc...@gmail.com>.
Evening,

I downloaded 12.6-rc3 from Jenkins and created an installer - using JDK 11
and installed it locally, without any issues at all.

*Product Version:* Apache NetBeans IDE 12.6-rc3

*Java:* 15.0.1; OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM 15.0.1+9.

*Runtime:* OpenJDK Runtime Environment 15.0.1+9

*System:* Mac OS X version 10.15.7 running on x86_64; UTF-8; en_GB (nb)

*User directory:* /Users/john/Library/Application Support/NetBeans/12.6-rc3

*Cache directory:* /Users/john/Library/Caches/NetBeans/12.6-rc3

Regards

John

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.

Posted by John Mc <mc...@gmail.com>.