Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Leon Messerschmidt <le...@opticode.co.za> on 2001/03/14 12:38:49 UTC

XML Entities

Hi,

When Velocity started out Jason said he was looking at ways that would make
it possible for me to replace the XML entities (for example < becomes &lt;
etc.) in Velocity.  In other words I could filter the values that would go
into a template.  Has this made it's way into Velocity?

~ Leon

Re: XML Entities

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org>.
Leon Messerschmidt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When Velocity started out Jason said he was looking at ways that would make
> it possible for me to replace the XML entities (for example < becomes &lt;
> etc.) in Velocity.  In other words I could filter the values that would go
> into a template.  Has this made it's way into Velocity?
>
> ~ Leon

The filtering mechanism hasn't been worked on yet, but there is a simple
class that Jon made for use with Anakia that you can place in the context
do to entity escaping for you:

http://jakarta.apache.org/cvsweb/index.cgi/jakarta-velocity/src/java/org/apache/velocity/anakia/Escape.java

Hope that helps.

--