Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Adrian Sutton <ad...@ephox.com> on 2003/06/17 11:25:38 UTC

[general] Clover licenses

Hi all,
The HttpClient team is looking to set up clover to get test coverage
reports.  I recall a discussion about what the procedure is for Apache
projects to request a clover license but haven't been able to find the
resolution of that discussion.

Does anyone know what the correct procedure is for requesting a license (ie:
do we need to go through the PMC?) or whether the jakarta project has a
license that HttpClient can just use?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Adrian Sutton.

Re: [general] Clover licenses

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Tim O'Brien wrote:

> I have commons-math and commons-codec clover licenses which are available
> to any commons committer who asks, and are housed on apache
> infrastructure.
>
> I think it would be cleaner from a legal standpoint if someone like Robert
> asked for a commons-wide license, or better yet if the PMC asked for a
> Jakarta-wide clover license.

One could try to get hansel
   http://hansel.sourceforge.net/
or quilt
   http://quilt.sourceforge.net/
up and running.
Neither is as fancy as Clover, or will even run out of the
box, but then, active work on an OSS code coverage tool for
Java should be a good idea. Particularly, quilt seems almost
dead, which is a pity.

J.Pietschmann

Re: [general] Clover licenses

Posted by Tim O'Brien <to...@discursive.com>.
I have commons-math and commons-codec clover licenses which are available
to any commons committer who asks, and are housed on apache
infrastructure.

I think it would be cleaner from a legal standpoint if someone like Robert
asked for a commons-wide license, or better yet if the PMC asked for a
Jakarta-wide clover license.

Tim

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, robert burrell donkin wrote:

> IIRC it was one of those threads that died down without any real
> conclusion. you could try asking on community or asking the jakarta pmc.
>
> - robert
>
> On Tuesday, June 17, 2003, at 10:25 AM, Adrian Sutton wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> > The HttpClient team is looking to set up clover to get test coverage
> > reports.  I recall a discussion about what the procedure is for Apache
> > projects to request a clover license but haven't been able to find the
> > resolution of that discussion.
> >
> > Does anyone know what the correct procedure is for requesting a license
> > (ie:
> > do we need to go through the PMC?) or whether the jakarta project has a
> > license that HttpClient can just use?
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Adrian Sutton.