Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Francis Chuang <fr...@apache.org> on 2019/03/25 21:43:04 UTC

[DISCUSS] Towards Avatica 1.14.0

Hey all,

Now that Kevin has finalized Calcite 1.19.0, I want to talk about
Avatica.The last release of Avatica was around 4 months ago and I am
happy to be release manager for 1.14.0.

There are around 10 unreleased commits and 6 pretty fresh PRs that I
want to get into this release:
- https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pull/82
- https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pull/85
- https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pull/86
- https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pull/88
- https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pull/89
- https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pull/90

If anyone has spare cycles to review these PRs, please review them, so
we can get them in.

I would like to get 1.14.0 out before the next Calcite release, so that
Calcite can use 1.14.0. Are there any others issues you guys would like
to be fixed?

Once Avatica 1.14.0 is released, I will follow it with a release of
Avatica-Go.

Francis

Re: [DISCUSS] Towards Avatica 1.14.0

Posted by Francis Chuang <fr...@apache.org>.
Thanks, Danny! I've merged the PR.

Posted by Yuzhao Chen <yu...@gmail.com>.
Review and accepted.

Posted by Francis Chuang <fr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Francis Chuang <fr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Yuzhao Chen <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yuzhao Chen <yu...@gmail.com>.
I will help to review these codes.

Best,
Danny Chan
在 2019年4月12日 +0800 AM6:48,dev@calcite.apache.org,写道:

Posted by Francis Chuang <fr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Francis Chuang <fr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kevin Risden <kr...@apache.org>.

> Kevin: Do you think these can make it into the release?
> - https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pull/28
> - https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pull/36

I think both of the above are real bugs sadly. I have not tracked down what
the solutions are. I think both are up for grabs if someone wants to try to
fix them. I opened the PRs to show the issues not necessarily the solution.
I probably won't have time to get them into this release.

Kevin Risden

Posted by Francis Chuang <fr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Yuzhao Chen <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Francis Chuang <fr...@apache.org>.