Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by Duto <ol...@pasteur.fr> on 2011/03/28 01:44:08 UTC

validator and textArea

Hello,

Why TextArea don't have setValidator function like TextInput.

I would like validate a form with both TextInput and TextArea.

If someone know why ?

Best regards

Duto

Re: validator and textArea

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.
This was actually by design. The use cases for TextInput and TextArea are quite different. Text in a TextArea doesn't generally require "validation" in the same way that TextInput text does. It's likely to impose a significant performance penalty if you try to validate a text area on every keystroke. Instead, text area content is generally validated on a "submit".

Re: validator and textArea

Posted by Noel Grandin <no...@gmail.com>.
Hi