Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com> on 1995/06/10 08:30:02 UTC

0.7.2h very close to stable

0.7.2h, aside from some sillyness in http_log.c I won't embarras rob by
mentioning, :) seems pretty stable.  It's running on hyperreal and links.net
now, and if you use StartServers and MaxRequestsPerChild intelligently it
should work pretty well.  Not using MaxRequestsPerChild, the server works
for awhile but runs into some ugliness like CPU hogging and returning
403's for every access.  In the long run they'll be fixed, but they
definitely don't show until several hundred accesses on a given child.

Rob, with the things I pointed out and any other fixes you've uncovered,
should we make this 0.7.3?  I think others should start attacking it now
- I've gotta get back to real-world business this weekend. :)

Maybe HotWired could implement it, David and Sean?  Hint hint!

	Brian

Re: 0.7.2h very close to stable

Posted by Sean Welch <we...@wired.com>.
On Jun 9, 11:30pm, Brian Behlendorf wrote:
> Subject: 0.7.2h very close to stable
>
> 0.7.2h, aside from some sillyness in http_log.c I won't embarras rob by
> mentioning, :) seems pretty stable.
[...]
> Maybe HotWired could implement it, David and Sean?  Hint hint!

I think I can do it this week.  Right now I've got a bunch of other
things but I'm hoping for a break in the storm around Wednesday.

Sean