Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Forrest Aldrich <fo...@forrie.com> on 2004/01/25 20:33:13 UTC

mod_perl with FreeBSD (stock perl vs perl 5.8 port)

I'm working with mod_perl-1.x *current* on FreeBSD-4.9.

For some time, I've had some difficulty getting this lot to work correctly,
as an OBJ (non-DSO).  During the compile, I get a slew of
Dynaloader-related errors in the linking process.

So today, I tried testing the compile using the SYSTEM perl (/usr/bin/perl)
and the compile completed fine, without any errors.

This tells me there may be an issue with the port compile and "Dynaloader".

It sounds to me like Dynaloader is not being compiled correctly in this
configuration - that's all I can take a guess at.

I wonder if anyone else has had this problem with FreeBSD-4.x and
mod_perl.  There must be a way to correct this.

Thanks,
Forrest