Posted to dev@samza.apache.org by Elias Levy <fe...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/26 06:53:12 UTC

Samza metric consumers

I am wondering if there are any off-the-shelf systems for consuming Samza
metrics, whether. It be consuming them from a topic or by polling JXM. What
are folks using that is not all custom made?

Re: Samza metric consumers

Posted by ri...@chartbeat.com.
There isn't really anything completely off the shelf that I've found. We put everything in a Kafka topic and then have a job that puts the data in opentsdb.

Re: Samza metric consumers

Posted by Yi Pan <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Elias,

There are some existing patches targeting to support Graphite and Ganglia
directly:  SAMZA-341 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SAMZA-341> and
SAMZA-340 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SAMZA-340>

If these are what you are looking for, they will be merged into the coming
release soon.

Cheers!

-Yi