Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Brad Nicholes <BN...@novell.com> on 2001/02/12 18:19:30 UTC

Value of Server_rec->port always set port 80...

     There is a problem that seems to have resurfaced a number of times.  The problem is that for every request, Request_rec->Server_rec->port always contains the value 80 or at least the default port value.  It seems like all that needs to be done is assign the result of:

ntohs((connection->local_addr).sin_port)

to Request_rec->Server_rec->port at the time that the Request_rec is being created.  The part I wasn't sure of is if Request_rec->Server_rec is a pointer to a global Server_rec data structure or a local copy of the Server_rec data.  I wouldn't want to make a change to a global Server_rec structure that would change the port for everybody else.  But if Request_rec->Server_rec is a pointer to a local copy that gets thrown away after the request is satisfied, then it should be no problem.  Any comments?

thanks,
Brad