Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org> on 2010/03/26 12:29:07 UTC

Tomcat 7 windows installer image

Hi,

I was told this will look better as a welcome
installer image :)

WDYT?

Regards
--
^TM

Re: Tomcat 7 windows installer image

Posted by Ian Darwin <ia...@darwinsys.com>.
> I was told this will look better as a welcome
> installer image :)
>
> WDYT?

+1

Ian

Re: Tomcat 7 windows installer image

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for bringing up this question. It is about time to think about that.

And talking about the image

1). I do not like how the feather is trapped in a cage.

For the cat it is bearable (even if I do not understand it), but for
the feather the cage shines through it.

2). The image is usually displayed scaled down.

I just took a screenshot from running the installer and the size is
164 x 314 for me. That is 66% of the original size.

I am on WinXP. The display settings are 96 pixels/inch.

As of now, the "http://tomcat.apache.org/" line is hardly readable on
the gradient background when I zoom-out the page in the browser.

Should check how it looks when actually running the installer, though.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

Re: Tomcat 7 windows installer image

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
On 03/26/2010 07:10 AM, Mladen Turk wrote:
> On 03/26/2010 01:15 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:
>> On 26/03/2010 11:29, Mladen Turk wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I was told this will look better as a welcome
>>> installer image :)
>>>
>>> WDYT?
>>
>> Not too sure about the white lines in the background.
>
> Agreed. My private designer will remove that.
> You know, women do like laces and things like that :-)

thank your private designer for the effort and the contribution!!

Filip

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 26/03/2010 11:29, Mladen Turk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was told this will look better as a welcome
> installer image :)
>
> WDYT?

Not too sure about the white lines in the background. Apart from that it
looks great.

Mark

Re: Tomcat 7 windows installer image

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@apache.org>.
I'm not a fan of the line backgrounds behind both logos.

 From a  marketing point of view, I would prefer to see the feather
above the cat.

It might be nice to see the cat and feather swapped and without the
lines in background, just using the gradient.

But otherwise conceptually, it would be great for an installer.

But if no changes where made to the image and used as is, that would be OK.

-Tim