Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by T Vinod Gupta <tv...@readypulse.com> on 2012/02/23 20:38:02 UTC

ideas for hbasecon 2012

i saw that there is a call for speakers for hbasecon 2012.. i am interested
to present from the perspective of somebody using it but not really
developing hbase features. so i was wondering if there are some pointers on
what topics would be of interest to hbase users. or will people appreciate
a case study..

as a background, i attended a big data linkedin group networking event in
seattle where there were people from hbase and cassandra camps.. and i met
multiple people who were complaining about hbase. i myself have had my
share of hbase operational nightmares, but that doesn't mean hbase is
inferior to cassandra. they both have their strengths. so it would be great
to get/give some perspective.

thanks

Re: ideas for hbasecon 2012

Posted by Tim <ti...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I for one would appreciate hearing case studies, and more about the lessons learnt as you overcame your operational headaches. There are so many tuning and monitoring parameters that getting into it for the first time can be daunting, so hearing how others went about that would be good.

Cheers,

Tim,
Sent from my iPhone (which makes terrible auto-correct spelling mistakes)

Re: ideas for hbasecon 2012

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
I will attend this panel discussion.

Re: ideas for hbasecon 2012