Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Dominik Bruhn <do...@dbruhn.de> on 2006/04/08 22:15:20 UTC

UTF8-Enconding in Macros

Hy,
I encode all my templates in UTF-8, and I load them via
getTemplate("frame.vm","UTF-8");

I also use some macros, all of them are written in the "VM_global_library.vm"
which Velocity loads at startup. The Problem is: This library isn't loaded
with UTF8 encoding. How can I change this?

Thanks

Re: UTF8-Enconding in Macros

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@forio.com>.
Hi,

A quick look at the source suggests this isn't currently possible.
Anyone else have any ideas on this?

If you'd care to file a JIRA issue on this we'll probably add this
capability.  It seems an obvious miss.
http://issues.apache.org/JIRA

Best, WILL

On 4/8/06, Dominik Bruhn <do...@dbruhn.de> wrote:
> Hy,
> I encode all my templates in UTF-8, and I load them via
> getTemplate("frame.vm","UTF-8");
>
> I also use some macros, all of them are written in the "VM_global_library.vm"
> which Velocity loads at startup. The Problem is: This library isn't loaded
> with UTF8 encoding. How can I change this?
>
> Thanks

Forio Business Simulations

Will Glass-Husain
wglass@forio.com