Posted to dev@training.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2020/08/13 21:43:14 UTC

Update all the existing presentations to the setup of the archetype

Hi all,

when reviewing the existing presentations I noticed a lot of them are based on the structure we had before the “parent-based” approach.
As soon as the tools are released, I think I/we should streamline the existing content and remove all the unnecessary old-style config.

Then I think it will lower the barrier for others to contribute as the existing examples will look a lot simpler and all will use the same styling.

Chris

Re: Update all the existing presentations to the setup of the archetype

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Ok .. so I just merged the the stuff.

Chris

Am 20.08.20, 10:28 schrieb "Christofer Dutz" <ch...@c-ware.de>:

    Reminder:

    Tomorrow I'll merge my PR to update the tooling to more recent versions but also to refactor all existing presentations to make use of the new tooling and no longer have duplicate copies of it.

    https://github.com/apache/incubator-training/pull/68

    So far I haven't heard anything complaining about this change and if this doesn't change till tomorrow, I'll merge it.

    Chris

    Am 14.08.20, 09:25 schrieb "Christofer Dutz" <ch...@c-ware.de>:

        Hi all,

        I thought in order to test what I did, I should do that right away.
        So I updated all of the existing presentations which seem to have been created by copying different states of the setup to use the same content-parent-pom.

        I also added some reactor pom files that allow building of all presentations in one go.

        I built all of them and clicked though all of them and to me they all appeared to be working.

        Please review. I would merge the PR Friday next week.

        Chris