Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jack Bakker <jb...@iable.ca> on 2003/11/14 19:35:41 UTC

automate login to other opensource apps

I have several Struts apps with a form-based single signon using a JNDIRealm
with md5 passwords in openldap. I'm looking to pass username/password used
in Java login to other apps like horde, dotproject, among others for user
convenience. Sync of user account info between db stores used by other
projects aside, what's the best (and most secure) way of trapping the
password in plaintext to pass to other apps ? Seems like it should be a
simple thing to do but getPassword of the Realm doesn't appear to be exposed
? am I missing something obvious ?

 -- jack