Posted to dev@ripple.apache.org by Christoph Guse <ch...@empulse.de> on 2014/05/22 11:17:47 UTC

Ripple and GWT

Hi List,

currently I try to set up a debugable developer environment using Ripple
- and had no success yet.

I want to use Google Web Toolkit which compiles Java to Javascript. The
resulting application will be packaged as native app using Apache Cordova.

To be able to debug and have automated Java compiles on the fly, there
is a DevMode and SuperDevMode which start a locally running server.
Debugging is done in the Browser, the Java sourcecode is provided by
SourceMapping.

This works in normal browsers but when I want to use the mobile devices
api I have to run the application in the Ripple emulator.

Older version were provided as Chrome Browser Plugins, the current
version seems to be a Webapplication provided by an locally running server.

Here is my problem, the SourceMapping does not work anymore, I'm no more
able to debug my application.

Are there any plans to provide Ripple as standalone application which
directly loads HTML?
Do you know any other emulator providing Apache Cordova functionality?
Am I totally wrong and SourceMapping is working in the current Ripple
version?

By the way: everybody using a framework/language which compiles to
JavaScript may have the same issue.

Viele Grüße
Christoph Guse

--
i.A. Christoph Guse
empulse GmbH

Große Sandkaul 2
50667 Köln

Tel.:      +49 221 66 99 05-0
E-Mail: christoph.guse@empulse.de
Web: http://www.empulse.de

Geschäftsführung: Felix Jackmann, Andreas Schönberg
Registergericht Amtsgericht Köln, HRB 79091