Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Peterkofsky, Don" <Do...@nike.com> on 2002/11/19 01:37:07 UTC

run-time attribute values in Tiles definitions

Is it possible to somehow *set* a Tiles attribute as a run-time value?

I know that we can use <tiles:useAttribute/> to get a Tiles attribute value
into a JSP page, but I would like to override a Tiles attribute value at
run-time.

Specifically, I have a Tiles layout that inserts these sections:
- title
- header
- body
- footer

However, the Title is based on a query that is executed in the Struts action
prior to the Tile rendering.  So, I would like to get the value from the
query in the action, and then use it to override the "Title" attribute of
the Tiles definition.  For example, the title needs to be something like
"Details for item #123 - Fur Coat".  I will only have these values for
object number and object name after the query returns in the action.  I
would then want to override the Tiles "Title" attribute in either the Struts
action, or in the body.jsp file.

Has anyone had an occasion to need to do such a thing, or have any approach
to doing this?

Thanks.