Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Carsten Elshoff <El...@dilloncs.de> on 2001/05/22 09:37:56 UTC

System time settings

Hi,

I have a problem with the time settings in the log file produced by
tomcat: we're running two machines with basically the same
configuration; Apache 1.3.12 + Tomcat 3.1 on an AIX OS.
We're running some servlets on these machines, but the timestamp written
into the log files differs. On one machine the correct time is used on
the other UTC is written. The servlets are exactly the same as we're
using one machine as test system the other as prod.
I know that I could solve the problem by using this locale settings in
the code. What makes me wonder though is the poitn that these two
machines produce different output. Is there any switch that i'm missing?
By the way our admin have checked the settings of the OS and said that
they are set to the correct locale settings.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance,

Carsten